Friday, November 21, 2008

SHOULDN'T HAWAIIANS BE GLAD THEY'RE A PART OF THE U.S. ?

Here's How Hawai`i Nationals Feel About The Overthrow Of Their Country


Let's pretend I visit your house.

You offer me food and rest. I decide to stay.

Then, I order you and your family around, use your things and rearrange the rooms.

I take down your photos and religious symbols, replace them with my own and make you speak my language.

One day, I dig up your garden and replace it with crops that I can sell.

You and your family must now buy all of your food from me.

Later, I invite my father and his buddies over.

They bring guns. We take your keys.

I forge a deed and declare my father to be the owner of your house.

I bring more people. Some work for me. Some pay me to stay in your house.

I seize your savings and spend it on my friends.

You and your family now sleep on the porch.

Finally you protest.

Being reasonable, I let you stay in a corner of the house and give you a small allowance, but only if you behave.

I tell you, "Sorry, I was wrong for taking the house."

But when you demand your house back, I tell you to be realistic."You are part of this family now, whether you like it or not," I say. "Besides, this is for your own good.

For all that I have done for you, why aren't you grateful?"